October 12, 2009

Baked Ham Dinner

The first thing that I did was make Suzanne's Sandwich Bread . It was the first time that I've ever made bread that wasn't froma box and/or in my bread machine. And it came out wonderfully! I'm not very good at shaping the loaves so I had an air bubble in one of them. But it really is good bread.

Then I took the half ham and covered it was applce cider and some pineapple tidbits and juice and put it in the oven to bake.

Macaroni & Cheese

2 cups small shells, cooked & drained
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup onion
1 galic clove, minced.

Heat the butter in a large pot and add the onion & galic. Cook until fragrant. Add in

2 tablespoons flour and cook for 5 minutes, amking sure all the flour is absorbed and the mixture is hot and slightly browned.

Add in 1 1/2 cups milk slowly, wisking well. Cook on high heat until thickened. Add in

2 cups chredded cheese. I used monterey jack and white cheddar.

Add the cooked noodles and stir well. Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.


The dinner was a success. Pete did not like the mac & sheese though. I made a recipe last fall for a birthday and he loved that one, but I can't find it again. So I'm back to the drawing board for another recipe.

No comments: