November 04, 2010

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken

1 lb chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup pea pods
1 cup sliced red bell pepper

1/4 cup soy sauce
2T honey
1T lime juice
1t crushed garlic
1T peanutbutter
1 1/2t curry powder
1T sircha (asian hot pepper sauce)

Combine the group of ingredients and marinate the chicken for 3-4 hours. Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside.

In a large skillet on medium high heat, bown the chicken on each side for 1 minute in 1 tablespoon oil. Add the pea pods, peppers and the reserved marinade. Cook uncovered for 7=8 minutes. Serve with rice.
_________________________________

This was a keeper for me and a so so for Pete. I think that if I made it again I'd double the amount of soy. I'd also cut the cicken into thin strips instead od chunks. It seemed to be too much chicken versus the amount of sauce.

No comments: